Shashikant Kutwal (C) with the World Championship trophy in Slovakia. (Hindustan Time).
The event attracted 40 physically challenged players from several countries. Kutwal garnered 7.5 point from possible nine, after winning seven rounds and drawing one and losing one. He competed it in a combined group with men and women becoming the highest scorer along with Israel’s IM Gurbanov Andrei who also gained 7.5 points. However, higher buchcholz score helped Kutwal to win the title.
Road to title
- Beat WIM Melnik Galina (RUS; 1848)
- Beat FM Venkata Krishna Karthik K (IND; 2064)
- Beat Tersinsev Andrey (RUS; 2089)
- Beat FM Valenta Vit (CZE; 2081)
- Drew with IM Gurbanov Andrei (ISR; 2319)
- Beat Glazar Domagoj (CRO; 2136)
- Beat Vovk Viktor (UKR; 2135)
- Lost to Mukha Nikolay (UKR; 2162)
- Beat WIM Jennitha Anto K. (IND; 1949)